- 신관호 (Kwanho Shin)
- Ph.D., UCLA
- 전공: 거시, 화폐, 금융
- Ph: 02-3290-2220, 연구실: 정경관 404호
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal website
- 1982 - 1986: B.A. in Economics, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea.
- 1986 - 1988: M.A. in Economics, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea.
- 1989.9 -1994.6: Ph. D. in Economics, UCLA.
- 2005.3 - present: Professor, Korea University
- 2007.1-2007.2: CES Visiting Scholar, University of Munich, Germany
- 2005.12-2006.2: Visiting Foreign Scholar, ISER, Osaka University
- 2000.3 - 2005.2: Associate Professor, Department of Economics, Korea University
- 2004.1-2005.2: Freeman Scholar and Visting Associate Professor, Claremont Mckenna College
- 2002.6-2002-9: Visiting Foreign Scholar, ISER, Osaka University
- 2000.1 - 2000.3: Visiting Assistant Professor, Department of Economics, UCLA
- 1999.1 - 1999.3: Visiting Assistant Professor, Department of Economics, UCLA
- 1998.3 - 2000.2: Assistant Professor, Department of Economics, Korea University
- 1994.8 - 1998.2: Assistant Professor, Department of Economics, University of Kansas
- Capital Flows during Quantitative Easing and Aftermath: Experiences of Asian Countries (co-authored with Donghyun Park and Arief Ramayandi), mimeo.
- Procyclicality and Monetary Aggregates (Co-authored with Hyun Song Shin), prepared for the the 2010 Bank of Korea Research Conference (May 31 ? June 1, 2010) and the NBER EASE meetings, NBER Working Paper No. 16836.
Publications in Referred Journals (English)
- Growth Slowdowns Redux: New Evidence on the Middle-Income Trap (co-authored with Barry Eichengreen and Donghyun Park), Japan and the World Economy Volume 32, November 2014, Pages 65?84
- Non-Core Bank Liabilities and Financial Vulnerability (co-authored with Joon-Ho Hahm and Hyun Song Shin) Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 45 (s1), 3?36, August 2013.
- Capital Market Openness and Output Volatility (Co-authored with Kwang-Myoung Hwang and Donghyun Park), Pacific Economic Review, Volume 18, Issue 3, 403-430, August 2013.
- Social Consequences of Economic Segregation (co-authored with Yoonseok Lee and Donggyun Shin), The Korean Economic Review, Volume 29, Issue 1, 189-210, June 2013.
- Welfare Implications of International Financial Integration (co-authored with Jong-Wha Lee), Japan and the World Economy, Volume 24, Issue 4, Pages 235?245, December 2012.
- Complementarities between Bilateral Trade and Financial Integration (Co-authored with Doo Yong Yang), Korea and the World Economy, Vol.13, No.1, 39-68, April 2012.
- When Fast Growing Economies Slow Down: International Evidence and Implications for China (Co-authored with D. Park and B. Eichengreen) Asian Economic Papers, Vol. 11, No.1, Winter 2012, pp.42-87. Cited in the Economist Magazine as the Centerpiece of its "Economi
- Introduction (co-authored with Jong Wha Lee) International Economic Journal, vol. 25(4), pages 547-551, December 2011.
- People's Republic of China as an Engine of Growth for Developing Asia? (Co-authored with D. Park) Asian Economic Papers, Vol. 10, No. 2, Summer 2011, pp.120?163.
- Are Initial Wage Losses of Inter-Sectoral Movers Compensated by Their Subsequent Wage Gains? (co-authored with Donggyun Shin and Seonyoung Park), Macroeconomic Dynamics, Volume 14 , Issue 04 , Sep 2010 , pp 501-526
- A Semiparametric Cointegrating Regression: Investigating the Effects of Age Distributions on Consumption and Saving (co-authored with Joon Y. Park and Yoon-Jae Whang), Journal of Econometrics, Volume 157, Issue 1, July 2010, Pages 165-178.
- Can Trade with the People’s Republic of China Be an Engine of Growth for Developing Asia? (co-authored with Donghyun Park) Asian Development Review, Volume 27, Number 1, 2010 pp.160-181.
- Exchange Rate Regimes and Economic Linkages (co-authored with Jong-Wha Lee), International Economic Journal (March 2010),Vol. 24, No. 1, 1?23.
- Understanding the Backus-Smith Puzzle: It's the (Nominal) Exchange Rate, Stupid (co-authored with Gregory Hess), Journal of International Money & Finance, Volume 29, Issue 1, February 2010, Pages 169-180
- Economic Integration and Changes in the Business Cycle in East Asia: Is the Region Decoupling from the Rest of the World? (co-authored with Yung Chul Park), Asian Economic Papers, 2009, Vol. 8, No. 1, Pages 107-140
- Complementarity among International Asset Holdings (co-authored with Joon-Ho Hahm), Journal of The Japanese and International Economies, 2009, Vol.23, Issue 1, pp.37-55.
- Proliferating Regional Trade Arrangements: Why and Whither? (co-authored with Jong-Wha Lee and Innwon Park), World Economy (December 2008) Volume 31, Issue 12 , Pages1525 - 1557
- IMF Bailouts and Moral Hazard (co-authored with Jong-Wha Lee), Journal of International Money & Finance 27, 2008, pp.816-830.
- Fluctuations of Unemployment and Inter- and Intra-sectoral Reallocation of Workers (co-authored with Donggyun Shin), International Economic Journal, vol. 22 no. 2, June 2008.
- Why Are The Wages of Job Stayers Procyclical? (co-authored with Donggyun Shin), Macroeconomic Dynamics, vol.12 no.1, Feb.2008
- Does Regionalism Lead to More Global Trade Integration in East Asia? (co-authored with Jong-Wha Lee), North American Journal of Economics and Finance, 2006, vol.27 (3), 283-301.
- Trade and Financial Integration in East Asia: Effects on Co-movements (co-authored with Chan-Hyun Sohn), World Economy, 2006, vol.29 (12), 1649-1669.
- The Impact of Trade Integration on Business Cycle Co-movements in Europe (co-authored with Yunjong Wang), Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaft), 2005, Vol. 141, No. 1. 104-123.
- Trade Integration and Business Cycle Co-movements: the Case of Korea with Other Asian Countries (co-authored with Yunjong Wang), Japan and the World Economy, 2004, v.16, 213-230.
- Trade Integration and Business Cycle Synchronization in East Asia (co-authored with Yunjong Wang), Asian Economic Papers, 2:3, 2003, 1-20.
- Risk Sharing of Disaggregate Macroeconomic and Idiosyncratic Shocks (co-authored with Gregory D. Hess), Journal of Economic Research, 2002, v7, 1-40.
- The Role of Labor Input in the Relationship between Investment and Uncertainty (co-authored with Jaewoo Lee), The American Economic Review, 2000, v90, p.667-80.
- Risk Sharing by Households Within and Across Regions and Industries (co-authored with Gregory D. Hess), Journal of Monetary Economics, 2000, v.45, 533-560.
- Fluctuating Uncertainty and Flexible Value The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, 1999, v.39, 329-340.
- Some Intranational Evidence on Output-Inflation Tradeoffs (co-authored with Gregory D. Hess), Macroeconomic Dynamics, 1999, v.3, 187-203
- Intranational Business Cycles in the U.S. (co-authored with Gregory D. Hess) Journal of International Economics, 1998, v.44, pp.289-314.
- Sectoral Shocks and Movement Costs: Effects on Employment and Welfare Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control , 1997, v.21, pp. 449-471.
- Inter- and Intra-Sectoral Shocks: Effects on the Unemployment rate Journal of Labor Economics, 1997, v.15, pp. 376-401.
- Intra-Industry Wage Differences over the Business Cycle (co-authored with Byung Sun Cho), Economics Letters, 1997, v.56, pp. 317-323.
- International and Intranational Business Cycles (co-authored with Gregory D. Hess), Oxford Review of Economic Policy, 1997, v.13, pp.93-109.
Articles in Books
- Why Did Asian Countries Fare Better during the Global Financial Crisis than during the Asian Financial Crisis? (Co-authored with Donghyun Park and Arief Ramayandi) Responding to Financial Crisis: Lessons from Asia Then, the United States and Europe Now, edited by Changyong Rhee and Adam S. Posen, Peterson Institute for International Economics, October 2013.
- The Service Sector in the Republic of Korea (co-authored with D. Park), Developing the Service Sector as an Engine of Growth for Asia, edited by D. Park and M. Norland, Asian Development Bank, 2013.
- Is the Service Sector in Asia an Engine of Growth? (co-authored with D. Park), Developing the Service Sector as an Engine of Growth for Asia, edited by D. Park and M. Norland, Asian Development Bank, 2013.
- Impact of population aging on Asia’s future growth (co-authored with Donghyun Park), Aging, Economic Growth, and Old-Age Security in Asia, edited by Donghyun Park, Sang-Hyop Lee and Andrew Mason, Edward Elgar, 2012.
- Macroprudential Policies in Open Emerging Economies (co-authored with Joon-Ho Hahm, Frederic Mishkin, and Hyun Song Shin), Asia's Role in the Post-Crisis Global Economy, edited by Glick and Spiegel, Asia Economic Policy Conference Volume Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, 2012.
- Internationalisation of currency in East Asia: implications for regional monetary and financial cooperation (co-authored with Yung Chul Park) BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Currency internationalisation: lessons from the global financial crisis and prospects for the future in Asia and the Pacific, 2012, volume 61, p.180-197
- Regional and Global Financial Integration in East Asia (co-authored with Kim, Soyoung, Lee, Jong-Wha), China, Asia and the New World Economy, edited by B. Eichengreen, C. Wyplosz and Y. Park, Oxford University Press, 2008.
- The Linkage between Trade Agreements and Monetary Cooperation (co-authored with Yunjong Wang), Toward an East Asian Exchange Rate Regime, edited by Chung and Eichengreen, Brookings Institution Press, 2007.
- Macroeconomic Adjustments and the Real Economy in Korea and Malaysia since 1997 (coauthred with Mahani and Wang), Seeking Growth under Financial Volatility, edited by Ricardo Frenchdavis, Palgrave macmillan, 139-83, 2006
- A Currency Union in East Asia (co-authored with Jong-wha Lee and Yungchul Park), Monetary and Financial Integration in East Asia Vol. 2 edited by Asian Development Bank, Palgrave macmillan, 2004
- Sequencing Monetary and Trade Integration (co-authored with Yunjong Wang). Exchange Rate Regimes in East Asia, edited by Gordon de Brouwer amd Masahiro Kawai, Routledge, 2004.
- The Sources of Fluctuations within and across Countries (co-authored with Todd E. Clark), Intranational Macroeconomics, edited by Gregory D. Hess and Eric van Wincoop, Cambridge University Press, 2000.
Articles in Korean
- 소득불평등이 경제성장에 미치는 효과 (신동균 공저) 한국경제의 분석 20권 1호, 2014년 4월 pp. 107-148.
- 소득불평등 결정요인 분석 (신동균 공저), 계량경제학보, 제 24집 제 2호, 2013 6월, 125?162
- 무역 및 금융연계성이 경기변동 동조성에 미치는 영향: 패널 연립방정식 접근 금융연구, 제26집 제3호, 2012년 9월, pp. 155-190.
- 자본시장의 글로벌화와 한국통화정책의 독립성 (김소영 공저), 한국개발연구, 2010.
- 금융안정을 위한 중앙은행의 역할 (정지만, 박창균 공저), 한국경제의 분석 15권 3호, 2009년 12월, pp.1-77.
- 경기변동상의 산업간 충격과 생산의 공행성 및 총고용 (김영식 공저), 계량경제학보 제19권 제3호, 2008년 9월, pp.148-173
- 외환위기 이후 통화 및 환율정책의 평가 경제학연구 제55집 제4호, pp.275-312, 2007년 12월
- 소득분포 양극화의 특성과 경제 사회적 영향 (신동균 공저) 한국경제의 분석 제13권 제1호, 2007, pp. 63-119.
- 국민연금 기금운용 과정에서의 정부의 간섭 가능성 (나성린 공저) 공공경제 제11권 제2호, 2006, pp.151-169.
- 국가간 위험분담의 경제적 요인 분석 금웅학회지, 제11권 제1호, 2006년 3월
- 인구구조의 변화가 총노동생산성에 미치는 영향 (황윤재 공저), 경제분석 11권 2호, 2005년 7월, pp.1-35.
- 소규모 개방경제 하에서의 통화정책 (김영식, 윤택 공저) 계량경제학보 제15권 제3호, 2004년 9월
- 한국의 산업별 정보통신기술(ICT) 투자의 생산성 파급효과 분석 (이종화, 이영수 공저) 국제경제연구 제10권 제2호, 2004년 8월
- 지역 무역협정의 경제적 효과와 동아시아 지역주의에의 시사점 (이종화, 박인원 공저),『한국경제의 분석』, 10권,1호,pp.177-227 , 2004년 4월.
- 인플레이션의 구조변화에 관한 연구 (김창진 공저), 경제학연구 51권 4호, 2003년 12월, pp.1-23
- 동아시아 단일통화지역의 가능성과 금융협력의 방향 (이종화, 왕윤종 공저), 한국경제의 분석 8권 3호, 2002년 12월
- 법정근로시간단축의 경제적 효과 (신동균, 유경준 공저) 노동경제논집 25권 3호, 2002년 12월
- 소비의 불확실성이 부의 축적과 소비에 미치는 효과 (주원 공저) "경제분석 제8권 1호", 2002년 3월
- 한국 자연실업률 측정과 외환위기 이후의 실업률 상승에 대한 이해 한국경제의 분석 제7권 1호, 2001년 4월
- 확률적 동학 일반 균형 모형을 이용한 한국 경제의 최적 통화 정책 (박형수 공저) 경제분석제 6권 제2호, 2000년
Professional Awards and Honors
- SBS Foundation Overseas Research Professor (May 19, 2011, SBS Foundation)
- Maeil Business Newspaper Economist Award (매경이코노미스트상) April 1, 2011
- Elected “One of the Fifty Future Leaders in Korea” by the Seoul Economic Daily Celebrating the 50th Anniversary (2010 서울경제 창간 50돌기념 선정 “희망의 50인”) (August 2, 2010)
- Council Member, National Economic Advisory Council (국민경제자문회의 민간위원) (March 23, 2010 - March 22, 2011)
- LG Yonam Foundataion Overseas Research Professor (2004, LG Yonam Foundataion)
- Chung-Ram Award: Prize to the Most Distinguished Economist under Age 45 (2002, the Korean Economic Association)
- Taesung Kim Award for the Best Korean Economist under Age 40 (2001, the Econometric Society in Korea)
- Elected “One of the Three Most Promising Korean Economists” (1996, the Korea-America Economic Association)
- Alfred P. Sloan Dissertation Year Fellowship (1993-94, MIT)