CALL FOR PAPERS
ASIA-PACIFIC INNOVATION CONFERENCE(APIC)
“Innovation and Humanity”
INHA UNIVERSITY, INCHEON, KOREA
OCTOBER 28th(Fri.)-29th (Sat.), 2022
INHA UNIVERSITY is pleased to host the 12th Asia-Pacific Innovation Conference, in collaboration with other academic institutions, including the Incheon Research Institute(IDR), the Korean Society for Innovation Management and Economics(KOSIME), and the Asia Pacific Innovation Network(APIN).
The conference aims to foster an inter-disciplinary exchange of knowledge related to innovation, intellectual property rights, and science and technology policy. Sessions will include contributed papers, keynote presentations and panel discussions. Continuing with the APIC tradition, we look forward to the participation of scholars from all disciplines and practitioners interested in the economic, legal, managerial, and policy aspects of innovation.
- Conference Host: Department of Economics, Inha University (Conference Host Chair: Prof. Junbyoung Oh)
- Conference Date: October 28(Fri.) and 29(Sat) in 2022
- Conference Venue: 60th Anniversary Hall, Inha University, 100 Inha-ro, Michuhol-gu, Incheon 22212, KOREA (http://eng.inha.ac.kr)
- Paper Submission: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submission Deadline: May 15th, 2020
Full papers or extended abstract must be submitted no later than May 15th, 2022 via email@example.com All submissions will be peer-reviewed by the conference’s scientific committee, and decisions will be intimated by July 15th, 2022.
Please send the paper as a PDF attachment, along with your CV, to the mail ID <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
The presenting authors must register by August 15th to be accommodated in the conference program.
If you need to apply for a VISA to enter Korea, please submit papers and register before July 15th so we can send you the visa support materials in time.
The conference will be held in English.
- Carsten Fink (World Intellectual Property Office, WIPO, Switzerland)
- Won Joon Kim (KAIST, Korea)
- Keun Lee (Seoul National University, Korea)
- Kazuyuki Motohashi (University of Tokyo, Japan)
- Maria Savona (University of Sussex, UK)
- Brian Wright (UC Berkeley, USA)
Themes and Topics
The topics related to the conference theme – “Innovation and Humanity” – are particularly encouraged. However, we invite submissions on all innovation and IP-related topics, including:
- Innovation and Inequality
- Innovation and Job creation/Unemployment
- Innovation Policy and Intellectual Property Right under Industry 4.0
- The Changing Nature of Innovation at the Data Driven Economy
- Artificial Intelligence (AI), Autonomous Machine, and Digital Transformation
- Health Care Innovation and Bio Ethics in the Bio Economy
- Entrepreneurship and Startups
- Innovation and Industry Evolution
- Management of Technology and Market for Technology
- Competition through R&D and Innovation
- Innovation and Regional Innovation System
- University Research, Technology Transfer, and University-Industry Collaborations
Soliciting Papers for a Special Issue of Seoul Journal of Economics (SJE):
The local organizer (Junbyoung Oh) and the editor of Seoul Journal of Economics (SJE; Keun Lee, www.sje.ac.kr) plans to publish a special issue with the papers presented at the conference. The Seoul Journal of Economics is SCOPUS Indexed Journal. People should indicate if they want their paper to be considered for this issue.
Up to 5 papers will be published in the special conference issue of SJE (http://www.sje.ac.kr, the editor: Keun Lee). Selected papers will be awarded an honorarium of 1,000 US $ (depending upon budget). Those who want their paper to be considered for this selection process are kindly requested to notify their intention by August 15 by email to email@example.com and submit the full paper by September 15th.
We invite interested authors to submit their papers or extended abstracts until 15 May 2022.
Please indicate the name of the presenter and his/her contact details (affiliation and email).
You may also submit a proposal for a full session, which should include a short description of the session theme, title, 3 papers (or extended abstracts) and the name of the organizer and contact details. While we will consider accepting any theme significantly related to innovation, we prefer sessions with the presenters covering regional or global issues.
Submissions must be in PDF format. No other file formats will be considered.
Submissions must be made in English.
The registration website for the conference will open in the near future with hotels information.
The expected conference fee covering conference registration, lunches, drinks and the conference dinner will be 200 US $/person. A doctoral student whose paper has been accepted is eligible for a discounted registration fee (expected to be 100 US $/person).
The registration fee is not refundable.
To stay updated on latest developments, subscribe to our email list at http://ap-ic.org/(click “CONTACT”). You may also visit the conference webpage at http://ap-ic.org/apic2022/
Dining Area / Meals
- Lunches, drinks and dinners will be served during the conference.
Contact and General Inquiries:
Please send all administrative queries to Dr. Jongho Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org