Work for the IMF. Work for the World.
The Fund seeks dynamic and highly motivated Research Analyst with strong quantitative and analytical skills.
The successful candidates should have the proven ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively in a team environment. The Research Analyst will be responsible for a wide range of support including, but not limited to, data gathering, econometrics, analysis of economic or statistical data sets, and basic programming for high-quality analyses.
The position is a contractual appointment for one year, renewable for up to four years of cumulative contractual service (based on business need and performance), and an excellent opportunity for individuals looking to gain hands-on experience in economic research before going into a Ph D program.
Under the direction of the Division Chief and Economists, the Research Analyst will support the External Sector Report (ESR) production and the External Balance Assessment (EBA) model updates by collecting and analyzing statistical and economic data, writing computer programs, and creating and updating databases, summary tables and charts. The candidate would also be expected to contribute to the Division’s research agenda on open economy topics, by carrying out data and econometric work, in collaboration with / under the supervision of Economists.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- participate in the production of the ESR reports, including summary tables and charts,
- contribute to the maintenance of the EBA Current Account and Real Effective Exchange Rate models,
- apply statistical and econometric techniques in data analyses to contribute to the Division’s research agenda on open economy topics,
- develop and maintain comprehensive and fully documented cross-country databases in accordance with Fund-wide data management requirements.
- Advanced university degree in economics, finance, statistics, math, computer science or related fields
- Advanced understanding of macroeconomics and finance, sound knowledge of statistics and econometrics, and ability to apply the models and techniques in practice;
- Exceptional analytical skills and proficiency in data management and statistical programming (preference will be given to applicants with an outstanding academic record and significant experience in data analysis and modelling using software such as Python, Julia, Stata, R, SAS, and Matlab);
- Familiarity with standard sources of economic and financial information and data, such as Worldscope, SNL, Orbis, Haver, FitchConnect, Datastream, Capital IQ, and Bloomberg;
- Strong communication skills and ability to multi-task and work under minimal supervision;
- Enthusiasm and attention to detail, and initiative and drive to find creative solutions.
공지 내용과 관련해 추가로 궁금한 사항은 박철범 교수님( firstname.lastname@example.org )에게 연락바랍니다.